A comprehensive dental exam will be performed by Dr. Massner during your initial visit. At regular check-up exams, your dentist and hygienist will include the following:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (digital radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation(periodontal probe): Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination for tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with specialized dental instruments. This may include a diagnostic laser.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, bridges, and partials for any defects or irregularities.